1. Learn something new. If you’re a small business owner, take this time to up your game and learn some new skills. Even if you’re not a business owner, there’s always room for us to grow and learn. I was interested in learning more about Graphic Design last year, so I bought some classes on Udemy for $10 a piece, and I haven’t even want through all of them yet. Also, I’m pretty sure between Pinterest, Youtube, and Google, you can teach yourself just about anything.
2. Organize. I think this time of the year is always a good time to clean out and organize and since we’re all stuck at home, it’s really the perfect time to do it. Tackle that closet that you've been meaning to organize. Go through your closet and purge your clothes. I can't tell you how good I feel after spending some time decluttering. That whole Marie Kondo thing wasn't just a fad that went around for a while
3. Read. Buy books online or if you’re like me and trying to not spend a dime, pick up an old favorite you haven’t read in a while. A few of my favorites are: A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman, any book by Liane Moriarty (What Alice Forgot is one of my favorites), and if you like non-fiction and are a Lauren Graham fan, her book Talking As Fast As I Can, is sooooo good.
4. Create something new. Write, draw, paint, color. This is the perfect time to let those creative juices flow. If you like to write, start a bullet journal or write some blogs. If you're one of those people who likes to calm your mind doing an adult color book, you can find some cool pages on Pinterest for free or buy some on Etsy for a few dollars.
5. Exercise. Get your heart rate going for just 30 mins a day! This will help a ton with the anxiety and restlessness that comes with being locked at home weeks on end. Some of my favorite fitness gals on IG have been posting at home workouts that are bomb! (@alexia_clark, @laurengleisberg, @hannaoeberg, and @hiitburn)
This is a super crazy time that we're living in, and it's really easy to let stress and fear take over. Keeping a routine and adding some actives that keep your mind and body moving can help to release some of that tension that comes with a situation like this. We're all in this together, friends!